Writing Type is the best writing and organization tool for authors, bloggers, poets, and other writers on Windows 8!
The easiest way to export your project is to use the Windows 8 “Share” charm using the following steps:
- Open your project so that you can see all of your sections
- Move your mouse to the top-right corner of your computer screen and hold it there for a second until the charms appear along the right side
- The second icon from the top is called the “Share Charm”. Click it.
- Apps that have the ability to accept text will now appear in a list
- Choose your preferred target app
- Every section of your project has now been copied over in the order of Group 1 – sections – Group 2 – sections in one singular document
Note: The Windows 8 app “Clipboard” is an excellent share solution to get your project over to a standard desktop app for additional processing. When selected from your Share charm it copies the project onto a virtual clipboard which allows you to paste it into an application like Microsoft Word on your desktop.
Detailed instructions are coming soon!
In the future you’ll also see video tutorials and more. Please subscribe to the email list for future updates.
This is something we definitely have been thinking about and struggling with the best way to address in the app. It is definitely possible…but should we? See this blog post for my thoughts. Please leave feedback!